Thursday, August 15, 2013

Writing Exercise From Today. Word - Burglary

Writing Exercise - Word: Burglary

My heart pounded as I looked around. My whole apartment had been trashed! Things were broken everywhere! Things toppled over. There didn't seem to be anything that wasn't touched. Well, except for the kitchen table. The view of it all sent shivers down my back. Was this random or did someone specifically go after ME. I did have enemies like my Ex-Husband and this woman, Jackie, at work. I never knew why she didn't like me specifically, but she didn't like me. I didn't think she was capable of doing something like this. She was more hot air than anything else. So that left my Ex-husband Mark. But what could he have been after? It’s not like I had a bunch of a things that were useful to him, or worth much. But it could have just been someone off the street as well.

I went to a sliding panel on the floor in a corner under the brown rug. Under the panel was a safe. It could only be opened by my thumb print. As I pressed my thumb against the sensor, the safe popped open. I looked inside. There were still all my passports, birth certificates, money, jewelry and a flash drive. I looked at it and sighed. I was happy that everything was there.

Just as I started putting everything back a hand went around my neck pulling me up to my feet. 

“Hi, Sarah,” said a familiar voice. It sent a shiver down my spine! It was someone I didn't expect; a colleague. “I was just waiting for you,” he said with a happy, seductive voice.

Suddenly I felt the pinch in my neck and everything began to turn dark; my body feeling like putty.

“Now you’re mine,” he whispered into my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment